SEATTLE – Seattle U volleyball looks to keep its Western Athletic Conference Tournament hopes alive as it closes out the regular season on Saturday, Nov. 17, hosting CSU Bakersfield at 1 p.m. in the Redhawk Center. The match will stream live on the WAC Digital Network.
The Redhawks are still in contention to earn a berth in the WAC Tournament, but they will need help. If Seattle U beats CSU Bakersfield and Utah Valley beats Grand Canyon, the Redhawks earn the sixth and final seed in next week's tournament. The Redhawks would be eliminated with a loss Saturday to CSUB, or is they beat CSUB, but Grand Canyon beats Utah Valley.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Saturday, Nov. 17 at 1:00 p.m. PT
- vs. CSU Bakersfield (Redhawk Center, Seattle, WA)
- Live Stats
- Watch on the WAC Digital Network
ABOUT THE MATCH
- Seattle U (10-18, 3-12 WAC) vs. CSU Bakersfield (14-14, 7-8 WAC)
- All-time series - CSUB leads, 17-8
- Home - CSUB leads, 6-4
- Away - CSUB leads, 8-3
- Neutral - CSUB leads, 3-1
- Last meeting - CSUB 3, Seattle U 2 (Oct. 8, 2018, Bakersfield, Calif.)
NEWS AND NOTES
- Seattle U enters the match at 10-18 overall and 3-12 in WAC play after earning a thrilling 3-2 win over Grand Canyon on Thursday night in the Redhawk Center.
- Senior setter Shae Harris surpassed 2,500 career assists on Oct. 27 at Grand Canyon. She became just the third player in program history, and second in the Redhawks' DI era, to achieve 2,500 career assists. Jamie Mellies (2007-10) holds the all-time record at 4,137 while Erika Brunson (2001-04) collected 3,904. Harris added 45 assists on Thursday versus Grand Canyon and now sits at 2,667 for her career.
- Tijana Milojevic set a single-season DI record with 504 digs in 2017. The sophomore now has 965 for her career, which ranks fourth on the Redhawks' DI career list. She needs 130 more digs to move into third place on the all-time list. Lani Beadle (2010-13) currently holds down the spot with 1,095 career digs.
- Senior Mila Duarte has stepped up big in recent weeks, including four double-digit kill performances in the last seven matches. In 13 matches played this season, Duarte is averaging 2.41 kps.
- Shae Harris averages 9.42 aps, which ranks second among all WAC players. The senior setter has nine double-doubles on the season, including a 42-assist, 21-dig performance in the season's first meeting with CBU and a 45-assist, 15-dig outing on THursday versus GCU.
- Tijana Milojevic leads the Redhawks with 29 aces apiece and an average of 0.29 per set.
- Senior Maja Stojanovic and freshman Sofia Sanchez were named to the Redhawk Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Senior Shae Harris and sophomore Tijana Milojevic earned All-Tournament honors at the Sacramento State Invite.
- Shae Harris and Maja Stojanovic were named to the All-Tournament Team at the Comfort Suites University Jackrabbit Invitational hosted by South Dakota State where the Redhawks went 2-1.
- Shae Harris and Eve Kerschenbaum were both named to the All-Tournament Team at the Aztec Classic hosted by San Diego State.
- The Redhawks return nine letterwinners from 2017 and add six freshman to make up the 2018 squad.
- Shae Harris and senior middle blocker Maja Stojanovic were both named to the Preseason All-Western Athletic Conference Team.
- Harris is the reigning Western Athletic Conference Setter of the Year after dishing 986 assists in 2017. She twice set the Seattle U DI program single-match record with 62 assists.
- Also returning to the lineup is sophomore libero Tijana Milojevic, who was named to the WAC All-Freshman Team a year ago.
- Milojevic set DI program records with 504 digs and 4.89 digs per set in 2017.
- Head Coach James Finley is in his sixth season at the helm of the Redhawk program in 2018.
TICKETS ON SALE
- Single-match tickets are available for purchase online for the 2018 season. For more information visit goseattleu.com/tix or call the SU Athletics Ticket Office at 207-398-4678.