SEATTLE – Seattle University volleyball returns home to the Redhawk Center to host a pair of Western Athletic Conference matches this week. The two-match homestand begins Thursday, Nov. 1 at 6 p.m. against New Mexico State. The match will stream live on the WAC Digital Network.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Thursday, Nov. 1 at 6:00 p.m.
- vs. New Mexico State (Redhawk Center, Seattle, WA)
- Live Stats | Watch on the WAC Digital Network | Tickets
ABOUT THE MATCH
- Seattle U (9-14, 2-8 WAC) vs. New Mexico State (17-6, 7-3 WAC)
- All-time series - New Mexico State leads, 12-1
- Home - New Mexico State leads, 5-1
- Away - New Mexico State leads, 6-0
- Neutral - NA
- Last meeting - New Mexico State 3, Seattle U 1 (Sep. 27, 2018, Las Cruces, N.M.)
NEWS AND NOTES
- Seattle U enters the match at 9-14 overall and 2-8 in WAC play after earning a big 3-1 road win over Grand Canyon on Saturday.
- Senior setter Shae Harris collected 40 assists on Saturday at Grand Canyon, bringing her career assists total to 2,512. She becomes just the third player in program history, and second in the Redhawks' DI era, to achieve 2,500 career assists. Jamie Mellies (2007-10) holds the all-time record at 4,137 while Erika Brunson (2001-04) collected 3,904.
- Tijana Milojevic set a single-season DI record with 504 digs in 2017. The sophomore now has 888 for her career, which ranks fifth on the Redhawks' DI career list.
- Freshman Eve Kerschenbaum leads the Redhawks with 2.80 kps and has six double-digit kill performances.
- Fellow freshman Sofia Sanchez averages 2.41 kps with nine double-digit kill efforts this season.
- Shae Harris averages 9.48 aps, which ranks third among all WAC players. The senior setter has six double-doubles on the season, including a 42-assist, 21-dig performance in the season's first meeting with CBU.
- Rachel Stark leads the Redhawks with 25 aces apiece and an average of 0.29 per set.
- Senior Maja Stojanovic and freshman Sofia Sanchez were named to the Redhawk Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Senior Shae Harris and sophomore Tijana Milojevic earned All-Tournament honors at the Sacramento State Invite.
- Shae Harris and Maja Stojanovic were named to the All-Tournament Team at the Comfort Suites University Jackrabbit Invitational hosted by South Dakota State where the Redhawks went 2-1.
- Shae Harris and Eve Kerschenbaum were both named to the All-Tournament Team at the Aztec Classic hosted by San Diego State.
- The Redhawks return nine letterwinners from 2017 and add six freshman to make up the 2018 squad.
- Shae Harris and senior middle blocker Maja Stojanovic were both named to the Preseason All-Western Athletic Conference Team.
- Harris is the reigning Western Athletic Conference Setter of the Year after dishing 986 assists in 2017. She twice set the Seattle U DI program single-match record with 62 assists.
- Also returning to the lineup is sophomore libero Tijana Milojevic, who was named to the WAC All-Freshman Team a year ago.
- Milojevic set DI program records with 504 digs and 4.89 digs per set in 2017.
- Head Coach James Finley enters his sixth season at the helm of the Redhawk program in 2018.
TICKETS ON SALE
- Single-match tickets are available for purchase online for the 2018 season. For more information visit goseattleu.com/tix or call the SU Athletics Ticket Office at 207-398-4678.