SEATTLE – Seattle U volleyball concludes a three-match road swing on Saturday, Oct. 27 at Western Athletic Conference foe Grand Canyon. First serve from GCU Arena is scheduled for 3 p.m.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
ABOUT THE MATCH
- Seattle U (8-14, 1-8 WAC) vs. Grand Canyon (10-11, 3-6 WAC)
- All-time series - Seattle U leads, 10-1
- Home - Seattle U leads, 5-1
- Away - Seattle U leads, 5-0
- Neutral - NA
- Last meeting - Grand Canyon 3, Seattle U 2 (Oct. 26, 2017, Seattle)
NEWS AND NOTES
- Seattle U enters the match at 8-14 overall and 1-8 in WAC play and seeking to snap an eight-match skid. The Redhawks dropped a 3-1 decision at Utah Valley on Thursday.
- Senior setter Shae Harris collected 50 assists on Thursday at Utah Valley, bringing her career assists total to 2,472. She is now just 28 assists away from becoming the third player in program history, and second in the Redhawks' DI era, to achieve 2,500 career assists. Jamie Mellies (2007-10) holds the all-time record at 4,137 while Erika Brunson (2001-04) collected 3,904.
- Tijana Milojevic set a single-season DI record with 504 digs in 2017. The sophomore now has 888 for her career, which ranks fifth on the Redhawks' DI career list.
- Freshman Eve Kerschenbaum leads the Redhawks with 2.80 kps and has six double-digit kill performances.
- Fellow freshman Sofia Sanchez averages 2.44 kps with nine double-digit kill efforts this season.
- Shae Harris averages 9.45 aps, which ranks third among all WAC players. The senior setter has six double-doubles on the season, including a 42-assist, 21-dig performance in the season's first meeting with CBU.
- Rachel Stark leads the Redhawks with 25 aces apiece and an average of 0.30 per set.
- Senior Maja Stojanovic and freshman Sofia Sanchez were named to the Redhawk Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Senior Shae Harris and sophomore Tijana Milojevic earned All-Tournament honors at the Sacramento State Invite.
- Shae Harris and Maja Stojanovic were named to the All-Tournament Team at the Comfort Suites University Jackrabbit Invitational hosted by South Dakota State where the Redhawks went 2-1.
- Shae Harris and Eve Kerschenbaum were both named to the All-Tournament Team at the Aztec Classic hosted by San Diego State.
- The Redhawks return nine letterwinners from 2017 and add six freshman to make up the 2018 squad.
- Shae Harris and senior middle blocker Maja Stojanovic were both named to the Preseason All-Western Athletic Conference Team.
- Harris is the reigning Western Athletic Conference Setter of the Year after dishing 986 assists in 2017. She twice set the Seattle U DI program single-match record with 62 assists.
- Also returning to the lineup is sophomore libero Tijana Milojevic, who was named to the WAC All-Freshman Team a year ago.
- Milojevic set DI program records with 504 digs and 4.89 digs per set in 2017.
- Head Coach James Finley enters his sixth season at the helm of the Redhawk program in 2018.
TICKETS ON SALE
- Single-match tickets are available for purchase online for the 2018 season. For more information visit goseattleu.com/tix or call the SU Athletics Ticket Office at 207-398-4678.