SEATTLE – Seattle U volleyball opens Western Athletic Conference play versus Chicago State on Saturday, Sept. 22. First serve is scheduled for 1 p.m. Due to campus Welcome Week activities, the match will be contested at nearby Seattle Academy and will be free of charge to the public.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Saturday, Sept. 22 at 1:00 p.m. PT
- vs. Chicago State (Seattle Academy, Seattle, WA)
- Live Stats
ABOUT THE MATCH
- Seattle U (7-6, 0-0 WAC) vs. Chicago State (7-9, 1-0 WAC)
- All-time series - Seattle U leads, 10-0
- Home - Seattle U leads, 5-0
- Away -Seattle U leads, 5-0
- Neutral - NA
- Last meeting - Seattle U 3, Chicago State 1 (Nov. 9, 2017 at Seattle U)
NEWS AND NOTES
- Seattle U enters WAC play with a 7-6 overall record. The Redhawks closed out non-conference play on Tuesday, dropping a 3-0 decision at Oregon State.
- Freshman Eve Kerschenbaum leads the Redhawks with 2.91 kps, but has not seen action since Sept. 7 due to injury. Fellow freshman Sofia Sanchez follows with 2.42 kps and sophomore Rachel Stark is also averaging 2.33 kps.
- Senior setter Shae Harris averages 9.27 aps, which ranks second among all WAC players.
- Tijana Milojevic leads the Redhawks with 17 aces apiece and an average of 0.35 per set, good for second in the WAC.
- Senior Maja Stojanovic and freshman Sofia Sanchez were named to the Redhawk Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Senior Shae Harris and sophomore Tijana Milojevic earned All-Tournament honors at the Sacramento State Invite.
- Shae Harris and Maja Stojanovic were named to the All-Tournament Team at the Comfort Suites University Jackrabbit Invitational hosted by South Dakota State where the Redhawks went 2-1.
- Shae Harris and Eve Kerschenbaum were both named to the All-Tournament Team at the Aztec Classic hosted by San Diego State.
- The Redhawks return nine letterwinners from 2017 and add six freshman to make up the 2018 squad.
- Shae Harris and senior middle blocker Maja Stojanovic were both named to the Preseason All-Western Athletic Conference Team.
- Harris is the reigning Western Athletic Conference Setter of the Year after dishing 986 assists in 2017. She twice set the Seattle U DI program single-match record with 62 assists.
- Stojanovic led the team in blocks with 1.12 per set.
- Also returning to the lineup is sophomore libero Tijana Milojevic, who was named to the WAC All-Freshman Team a year ago.
- Milojevic set DI program records with 504 digs and 4.89 digs per set in 2017.
- Head Coach James Finley enters his sixth season at the helm of the Redhawk program in 2018.
TICKETS ON SALE
- Season and single-game tickets are available now for the 2018 season. Season ticket package prices are as low as $50 while a family four pack is just $150. For more information visit goseattleu.com/tix or call the SU Athletics Ticket Office at 207-398-4678.