FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
• Sunday, Oct. 12 at 1 p.m.
• vs. Kansas City (Championship Field)
• Free noodles while supplies last for National Noodle Day
ABOUT THE GAME
• Seattle U (5-3-2, 1-0-0 WAC) vs. Kansas City (1-6-0, 0-1-0 WAC)
• All-time series-SU leads, 4-1-1
• Home-SU leads, 2-0-0
• Away-SU leads, 2-1-1
• Last meeting-Seattle U won, 1-0, at Kansas City (Sept. 28, 2018)
NEWS AND NOTES
• Seattle U rolled to a 5-0 win over Houston Baptist on Oct. 4 at Championship Field. Freshman James Morris recorded two goals and an assist in his collegiate debut, while Akili Kasim tallied a pair of saves for his sixth shutout of the year.
• SU put up a season-high 35 shots in the win over HBU and matched a season-best with five goals. It also put up five goals against San Francisco on Aug. 30 at Championship Field.
• Redshirt junior Noe Meza is tied for the WAC lead with six goals this season.
• Declan McGlynn scored in the Redhawks’ win over Houston Baptist, marking his third straight game with a goal.
• Kansas City lost, 6-0, at San Jose State on Friday. They enter Sunday’s contest on a three-game losing streak.
• The Roos were voted to tie for 10th in the WAC Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
The Redhawks beat California Baptist, 2-0, on Sept. 28 at Championship Field. Noe Meza and Declan McGlynn both scored, while Akili Kasim made four saves for his fifth shutout of 2019.
• Seattle U begins WAC action with a three-game home stand at Championship Field. SU was picked to win the league, according to the WAC Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
• Akili Kasim and the SU defense have posted two straight shutouts and have not conceded a goal in 215:43 of action.
• SU won, 2-1, at Cal Poly on Sept. 23, rallying past the Mustangs with two second-half goals. Hamish Ritchie tied the match and then a Declan McGlynn penalty kick put the Redhawks ahead in the 67th minute.
• The victory over Cal Poly marked Seattle U’s first come-from-behind win of 2019 and the first win where SU conceded a goal this year.
• The Redhawks fell, 1-0, at UC Santa Barbara on Sept. 19. Akili Kasim made one save in net and SU held an 8-4 advantage in corner kicks in the match.
• SU dropped a 3-0 contest to No. 8 Washington on Sept. 15 in the 2019 WAC/101 Club Cup.
• The Redhawks won the 2019 Caffe D’arte Coffee Cup, beating Portland, 2-0, on Sept. 12 at Championship Field. Noe Meza and Harrison Kurtz both scored, while Akili Kasim made a career-high five saves for his fourth shutout of the season.
• Seattle U played a scoreless draw with No. 2 Indiana on Sept. 8 at Notre Dame. Akili Kasim tallied his third shutout of the season, making a key save to keep the Hoosiers off the board in the second half.
• Akili Kasim was named WAC Defensive Player of the Week after posting shutouts of No. 12 Denver and No. 2 Indiana the week of Sept. 2-8. The redshirt sophomore recorded three clean sheets in his first four starts in net.
• SU fell, 4-2, at No. 11 Notre Dame on Sept. 6. Noe Meza and Hal Uderitz both scored as the Redhawks outshot the Irish, 17-10, in the match.
• In his first three games of 2019, redshirt junior Noe Meza has three goals to pace Seattle U.
• Seattle U played a scoreless draw with then-No. 12 Denver on Sept. 2 at Championship Field. Akili Kasim made one save in 110 minutes to claim his second shutout to open 2019.
• The contest with the Pioneers was the first 0-0 game at Championship Field since Sept. 30, 2012, when SU tied San Jose State.
• The Redhawks beat San Francisco, 5-0, on Aug. 30, as Noe Meza scored two goals in the first half. Burke Fahling tallied a goal and two assists in his Redhawk debut.
• In the win over USF, SU held a 28-1 advantage in shots, including a 17-0 margin in the first half.
• SU was chosen to win the conference in the WAC Preseason Coaches’ Poll. Julian Avila-Good, Declan McGlynn, and Thomas Mickoski were named Preseason All-WAC.
• Coach Pete Fewing is in his 26th season at Seattle U. Last year, he won his 300th career game at SU. Since 2013, he has taken the Redhawks to three NCAA Tournaments, winning three WAC Tournament crowns, and a pair of WAC regular-season titles.
• Midfielder Jesse Ortiz was named to TopDrawerSoccer’s Freshmen Best XI for the 2019 season.
• The Redhawks will face seven opponents who qualified for the 2018 NCAA Tournament this season.
• SU is one of just four Division I programs to win at least 11 games in each of the last six seasons. It faces two of the other three teams in 2019 (Denver and Notre Dame). Akron is the fourth program to achieve the feat.
• In 2018, the Redhawks won 13 games, including wins over Akron and Washington.