SEATTLE – Seattle University men’s soccer heads to No. 11 Notre Dame on Friday. It will also play No. 2 Indiana on Sunday as part of the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament at Notre Dame.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
• Friday, Sept. 6 at 4 p.m. Pacific (7 p.m. Eastern)
• at Notre Dame (Alumni Stadium)
ABOUT THE GAME
• Seattle U (1-0-1) at No. 11 Notre Dame (1-0-0)
• All-time series-Notre Dame leads, 1-0-0
• Away-Notre Dame leads, 1-0-0
• Last meeting-Notre Dame won, 3-0, at Notre Dame (Sept. 11, 2009)
NEWS AND NOTES
• Friday’s game pits two of the four Division I programs to win at least 11 games in each of the last six years. SU, Notre Dame, Denver, and Akron have achieved the feat.
• Seattle U played a scoreless draw with then-No. 12 Denver on Sept. 2 at Championship Field. Akili Kasim made one save in 110 minutes to claim his second shutout to open 2019.
• The contest with the Pioneers was the first 0-0 game at Championship Field since Sept. 30, 2012, when SU tied San Jose State.
• In the win over USF, SU held a 28-1 advantage in shots, including a 17-0 margin in the first half.
• Notre Dame won, 3-2, at Saint Louise to open the regular season. Mohammad Abualnadi, Jack Lynn, and Aiden McFadden each scored in the win on Aug. 31.
• The Irish won 11 games in 2018, advancing to the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals, where they lost to Indiana, 1-0.
• Coach Pete Fewing is in his 26th season at Seattle U. Last year, he won his 300th career game at SU. Since 2013, he has taken the Redhawks to three NCAA Tournaments, winning three WAC Tournament crowns, and a pair of WAC regular-season titles.
• The Redhawks will face seven opponents who qualified for the 2018 NCAA Tournament this season.
• SU is one of just four Division I programs to win at least 11 games in each of the last six seasons. It faces two of the other three teams in 2019 (Denver and Notre Dame). Akron is the fourth program to achieve the feat.
• In 2018, the Redhawks won 13 games, including wins over Akron and Washington.