SEATTLE – (Nov. 25) Seattle University women’s basketball takes on UC Davis for a non-conference game at the Connolly Complex on Sunday afternoon.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
ABOUT THE GAME
- Seattle U (3-2) vs. UC Davis (5-0)
- All-time series-UC Davis leads, 3-1
- Home-UC Davis leads, 2-0
- Away-Series is tied, 1-1
- Last meeting-UC Davis won, 66-62, at SU (Nov. 13, 2011)
NEWS AND NOTES
- SU won a 91-77 contest with Portland State on Nov. 22. The point total is the most by a Redhawk team since Dec. 4, 2013, when SU lost, 105-100, to Oregon. The 91 points represent the most by Seattle U in a win since Dec. 17, 2010, when SU beat Sacramento State, 92-82. The last time the Redhawks scored more than 91 points at the Connolly Complex was on Dec. 28, 2008, when Seattle U defeated Cascade College, 102-28.
- Coach Suzy Barcomb picked up her 350th career win with the victory over PSU on Nov. 22. She has won 18 games at SU, 237 games at Puget Sound and 95 games at Cal State East Bay.
- In the win over Portland State, Alexis Montgomery put up 25 points and 13 rebounds for her 13th career double-double. It marked her second such effort of the season.
- Kamira Sanders recorded 16 points and a career-high nine assists against PSU. The sophomore dished out an assist on seven Redhawk three-pointers.
- Against Portland State, Jacinta Beckley scored a career-high 20 points and tied a personal best with eight rebounds.
- Seattle U logged season highs in points (91), made field goals (38), field goal attempts (78), field goal percentage (.487), made threes (12), three-point field goal percentage (.500), rebounds (47), and assists (21) in victory over Portland State.
- Seattle U went 2-0 on a California road trip Nov. 17-19. It marked SU’s first 2-0 road trip since Dec. 19-20, 2007.
- The Redhawks made the largest comeback in Division I program history on Nov. 17, rallying from a 21-point deficit to win, 77-71, at UC Santa Barbara. They outscored UCSB, 32-11, in the fourth quarter and ended the contest on a 10-0 run.
- Kamira Sanders was named WAC Player of the Week for the period ending Nov. 19. She led SU with 21 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals at UCSB on Nov. 17. Sanders followed with 14 points, five assists, and four steals in the win at Pepperdine on Nov. 19.
- Kamira Sanders recorded 21 points, including 13 in the fourth period, on 8-10 field-goal shooting against UCSB. She tied a career high with nine rebounds and set a new personal best with six assists in the win.
- Against UCSB, Alexis Montgomery logged a double-double with 20 points and 12 rebounds. She now has 12 career double-doubles as a Redhawk.
- In a 65-62 win at Pepperdine on Nov. 19, SU had three players in double figures and two other players with nine points.
- SU dropped a 73-58 setback to Hawaii on Nov. 12. Alexis Montgomery and Kamira Sanders both scored in double figures in the contest.
- In the season opener, the Redhawks fell to Idaho State, 74-69, on Nov. 10 Alexis Montgomery scored a career-high 31 points in the setback.
- SU scored 45 points in the first half against Idaho State, the most by a Redhawk team since Dec. 15, 2015, when Seattle U dropped 46 in the first 20 minutes against Portland State.
- Alexis Montgomery’s 31 points on Nov. 10 are the most by a Redhawk since Chelcie Morrison scored 35 points against Montana State Billings on Feb. 16, 2008.
- Kamira Sanders tied a career high with nine rebounds against Idaho State. She pulled down nine boards last season against CSUN on Dec. 29, 2016.
- UC Davis is off to a 5-0 start this season.
- Last season, UC Davis won 25 games, won the Big West regular season title and advanced to the Big West Championship game.
- Morgan Bertsch and Pele Gianotti were chosen to the Preseason All-Big West Team. The pair were both selected to the all-conference team last season.
- Alexis Montgomery is the WAC Preseason Player of the Year. She earned All-WAC First Team honors after leading Seattle U in points, rebounds, and assists last season.
- SU was voted to finish second in the WAC preseason media poll and third in the WAC preseason coaches’ poll.
- Kamira Sanders returns after winning WAC Freshman of the Year last season. She paced conference rookies in points, assists, steals, and minutes played in 2015-16.
- Coach Suzy Barcomb took Seattle U from a predicted seventh-place finish to the WAC Championship game last season. In her first season at SU, Barcomb guided the Redhawks to a WNIT appearance for the second time in program history.
- SU features six newcomers this season, with five freshmen and one junior transfer joining the roster.
- Jennifer Gross is in her seventh season as UC Davis’ head coach. She guided the Aggies to the NCAA Tournament in 2011. Gross played at Davis, setting school records in assists, steals, and made three-pointers.