SEATTLE – (Feb. 2) Winners of their last two straight, and four of their last five, Seattle U men’s basketball concludes the first round of Western Athletic Conference play on Saturday, Feb. 3, hosting Utah Valley at 7 p.m. at KeyArena. The Redhawks enter the game with a 15-8 overall record and 4-2 mark in WAC play. The Wolverines are 16-6 on the year and 5-1 in WAC play. The game will stream live on the WAC Digital Network, and also be available on a variety of OTT platforms including Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Roku. Fans can also tune in to KTTH 770 AM in Seattle or online at mynorthwest.com as Dave Grosby returns for his ninth season on air for the Redhawks.
Saturday’s game is the culminating event of Seattle University’s 2018 Homecoming Week. A pregame rally will take place in the Coke Corner on the KeyArena concourse beginning at 6:00 p.m., and feature performances by SU Dance, Band and Redline. The 2018 Royals will be honored at halftime and the two winners will be announced. A limited number of Fr. Steve bobbleheads will be given away at the game, as will SU foamsticks.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Saturday, Feb. 3 at 7:00 p.m. PT
- KeyArena, Seattle, WA
- Game Notes
- Live Stats
- Listen on KTTH 770 AM
- Watch on the WAC Digital Network
ABOUT THE GAME
- Seattle U (15-8, 4-2 WAC) vs. Utah Valley (16-6, 5-1 WAC)
- All-time series - Seattle U leads, 8-7
- Last meeting - Utah Valley 65, Seattle U 53 (Mar. 9, 2017 at The Orleans Arena)
NEWS AND NOTES
- Aaron Menzies had 16 points and 10 rebounds in 33 minutes vs CSU Bakersfield on Jan. 26, good for his third straight game with a double-double and ninth overall on the season.
- The 79-76 overtime win at UTRGV on Jan. 20 snapped an eight game road losing streak dating back to the Feb. 23, 2017 win at UTRGV.
- The win at UTRGV marked the first time this season that the Redhawks won while finishing with fewer rebounds than their opponent. They are 13-3 win winning the battle on the boards, and 1-5 when losing that statistic.
- Aaron Menzies finished with a career-high five blocks at UTRGV on Jan. 20, marking the first time since Dec. 2, 2013 that a Redhawk has collected five blocks (Shore Adenekan vs. UC Davis).
- In games played through Feb. 1, Seattle U is ranked in the top 50 nationally in five team statistical categories. The Redhawks are 12th in the nation in FT% (77.3), 30th in 3-pters (220), 37th in rebound margin (+5.8), 43rd in 3-pt FGs per game (9.6) and 49th in 3-pt FG attempts (575).
- Matej Kavas is 7th in the nation in 3-pt FG% (48.5), 25th in total 3-pters (64) and 35th in 3-pt FGs per game (3.05).
- The Redhawks lead the Western Athletic Conference in free-throw percentage (77.3), 3-pt FG% (38.3) and 3-pt FGs made (220, 9.6 per game). They also rank second in scoring (78.4) and third in FG% (46.0) and FG% defense (41.4).
- Matej Kavas ranks third in the WAC in scoring (17.0 ppg), first in 3-pt FG% (48.5) and first in 3-pt FGs made (66, 3.0 per game). Aaron Menzies ranks second in blocks (39, 1.8 per game), third in FG% (62.3), and third in rebounds per game (8.4). Jordan Hill is third in 3-pt FGs (55, 2.5 per game), third in 3-pt FG% (41.0) and fourth in scoring (13.7), Richaud Gittens is second in steals (31, 1.4 per game) and Josh Hearlihy is fourth in 3-pt FG% (40.6).
GET YOUR 2017-18 TICKETS!
Select single-game tickets for the Redhawks’ remaining home games are available through Ticketmaster.com by searching “Seattle University Redhawks Men’s Basketball” or call 206-398-GOSU (4678) or visit GoSeattleU.com/SUTickets for more information.