SEATTLE – (Jan. 25) Seattle U men’s basketball returns to KeyArena on Friday, Feb. 26 to host CSU Bakersfield in a Western Athletic Conference tilt. Tip off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. The Redhawks enter the game with a 14-8 overall record and 3-2 mark in WAC play. The ‘Runners are 8-12 on the year and 1-4 in WAC play. The game will stream live on the WAC Digital Network, and also be available on a variety of OTT platforms including Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Roku. Fans can also tune in to KTTH 770 AM in Seattle or online at mynorthwest.com as Dave Grosby returns for his ninth season on air for the Redhawks.
PROMOTIONS AND PERFORMANCES
Seattle U coaches will be taking part in Coaches vs. Cancer Suits And Sneakers® Week, a nationwide event that unites coaches across the country to raise funds and awareness about the fight against cancer, and promotes the American Cancer Society as a source of inspiration and hope for those facing cancer. While coaching games during the week, coaches wear sneakers with their game attire as a visible reminder about the importance of fighting cancer. Redhawk players, meanwhile, will don yellow laces in support of Lace Up 4 Pediatric Cancer.
The Redhawks will also welcome special guests the Seattle FlyDogs for the game's halftime performance.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Friday, Jan. 26 at 7:00 p.m. PT
- KeyArena, Seattle, WA
- Game Notes
- Live Stats
- Listen on KTTH 770 AM
- Watch on the WAC Digital Network
ABOUT THE GAME
- Seattle U (14-8, 4-2 WAC) vs. CSU Bakersfield (8-12, 1-4 WAC)
- All-time series - CSU Bakersfield leads, 12-5
- Last meeting - CSUB 51, Seattle U 48 (Feb. 18, 2017 at Connolly Complex)
NEWS AND NOTES
- The 79-76 overtime win at UTRGV on Jan. 20 snapped an eight game road losing streak dating back to the Feb. 23, 2017 win at UTRGV.
- The win at UTRGV marked the first time this season that the Redhawks won while finishing with fewer rebounds than their opponent. They are 13-3 win winning the battle on the boards, and 1-5 when losing that statistic.
- Aaron Menzies finished with a career-high five blocks at UTRGV on Jan. 20, marking the first time since Dec. 2, 2013 that a Redhawk has collected five blocks (Shore Adenekan vs. UC Davis)
- Aaron Menzies had 21 points and 15 rebounds in a career-high 41 minutes at UTRGV, good for his eight double-double of the season.
- Matej Kavas scored 20 points at New Mexico State on Jan. 18, marking the eighth time this season that the redshirt sophomore has scored 20 points or more in a game.
- In games played through Jan. 24, Seattle U is ranked in the top 50 nationally in eight team statistical categories. The Redhawks are 11th in the nation in FT% (77.5), 18th in 3-pters (212), 22th in rebounds (844), 30th in 3-pt FG attempts (549), 48th in FTs (337), 37th in rebound margin (+5.9), 37th in 3-pt FGs per game (9.6) and 45th in 3-pt FG% (38.6).
- Matej Kavas is 7th in the nation in 3-pt FG% (48.5), 25th in total 3-pters (64) and 35th in 3-pt FGs per game (3.05).
- The Redhawks lead the Western Athletic Conference in free-throw percentage (77.5), 3-pt FG% (38.6) and 3-pt FGs made (212, 9.6 per game). They also rank second in scoring (79.3) and FG% (46.4).
- Matej Kavas ranks third in the WAC in scoring (17.4 ppg), first in 3-pt FG% (48.5) and first in 3-pt FGs made (64, 3.0 per game). Aaron Menzies ranks second in blocks (39, 1.8 per game), third in FG% (62.3), and third in rebounds per game (8.3). Jordan Hill is tied for second in 3-pt FGs (52, 2.5 per game) and fourth in 3-pt FG% (40.9), Richaud Gittens is second in steals (30, 1.4 per game) and Josh Hearlihy is third in 3-pt FG% (42.4).
GET YOUR 2017-18 TICKETS!
Select single-game tickets for the Redhawks’ remaining home games are available through Ticketmaster.com by searching “Seattle University Redhawks Men’s Basketball” or call 206-398-GOSU (4678) or visit GoSeattleU.com/SUTickets for more information.