SEATTLE – (Jan. 19) Seattle University men’s basketball continues a two-game, Western Athletic Conference road trip on Saturday, Jan. 20 at UTRGV. Tip-off against the Vaqueros from UTRGV Fieldhouse in Edinburg, Texas, is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Central Time, 5:00 p.m. Pacific. The Redhawks enter the game with a 13-8 overall record and 2-2 mark in WAC play. The Vaqueros are 10-10 on the year and 2-2 in WAC play.
The game will stream live on the WAC Digital Network, and also be available on a variety of OTT platforms including Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Roku. Fans can also tune in to KTTH 770 AM in Seattle or online at mynorthwest.com as Dave Grosby returns for his ninth season on air for the Redhawks.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Saturday, Jan. 20 at 7:00 p.m. CT/5:00 p.m. PT
- UTRGV Fieldhouse, Edinburg, Texas
- Game Notes
- Live Stats
- Listen on KTTH 770 AM
- Watch on the WAC Digital Network
ABOUT THE GAME
- Seattle U (13-8, 2-2 WAC) vs. UTRGV (10-10, 2-2 WAC)
- All-time series - Seattle U leads, 7-2
- Last meeting - Seattle U 86, UTRGV 77 (Feb. 23, 2017 at UTRGV)
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Redhawks moved to 2-2 in WAC play after falling 75-62 at New Mexico State on Jan. 18.
- Aaron Menzies had 10 points and 12 rebounds at New Mexico State on Jan. 18, good for his seventh double-double of the season.
- Matej Kavas scored 20 points at New Mexico State, marking the eighth time this season that the redshirt sophomore has cored 20 points or more in a game.
- Seattle U finished a nine-game homestand with a 7-2 record. The Redhawks matched their 2016-17 win total of 13 when they beat Kansas City, 77-75, on Jan. 13. They have also stared WAC play 2-1 for the first time since 2014-15.
- Aaron Menzies pulled down a career-high 19 rebounds in the win over Chicago State on Jan. 11. The rebound total is also a modern-day DI record.
- In games played through Jan. 18, Seattle U is ranked in the top 50 nationally in eight team statistical categories. The Redhawks are 10th in the nation in free-throw percentage (77.9), 13th in rebounds (800), 17th in 3-pters (202), 22nd in 3-pt FG attempts (526), 31st in FTs (324), 35th in rebound margin (+6.3), 39th in 3-pt FGs per game (9.6) and 43rd in assists (314).
- Matej Kavas is 14th in the nation in 3-pt FG% (47.3), 20th in total 3-pters (61) and 37th in 3-pt FGs per game (3.05).
- The Redhawks lead the Western Athletic Conference in free-throw percentage (77.9), 3-pt FG% (38.4) and 3-pt FGs made (202, 9.6 per game). They also rank second in scoring (79.3) and FG% (46.4).
- Matej Kavas ranks third in the WAC in scoring (17.3 ppg), first in 3-pt FG% (47.3) and first in 3-pt FGs made (61, 3.1 per game). Aaron Menzies ranks second in blocks (34, 1.6 per game), third in FG% (61.2), and third in rebounds per game (8.0). Jordan Hill is fourth in 3-pt FGs (49, 2.5 per game) and fourth in 3-pt FG% (41.5) and Richaud Gittens is second in steals (28, 1.4 per game).
GET YOUR 2017-18 TICKETS!
Select single-game tickets for the Redhawks’ remaining home games are available through Ticketmaster.com by searching “Seattle University Redhawks Men’s Basketball” or call 206-398-GOSU (4678) or visit GoSeattleU.com/SUTickets for more information.