SEATTLE – (Dec. 14) Game two of a nine-game homestand is up next for Seattle University men’s basketball. The Redhawks return to KeyArena to host the University of Portland on Saturday, Dec. 16. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. and the game will stream live on the WAC Digital Network. Fans can also tune in to KTTH 770 AM in Seattle or online at mynorthwest.com as Dave Grosby returns for his ninth season on air for the Redhawks.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Saturday, Dec. 16 at 7:00 p.m. PT
- KeyArena, Seattle, WA
- Game Notes
- Live Stats
- Listen on KTTH 770 AM
- Watch on the WAC Digital Network
ABOUT THE GAME
- Seattle U (7-5) vs. Portland (4-6)
- All-time series - Seattle U leads, 72-31
- Last meeting - Portland 71, Seattle U 55 (Feb. 5, 2011)
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Redhawks are 6-0 at home this season, marking the longest home win streak since the 2014-15 season when they won six straight from Feb. 17, 2015 (vs. Utah Valley) to March 23, 2015 (vs. Colorado). That streak would be snapped at the start of the 2015-16 season with a loss to Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Seattle U’s longest home win streak during its modern-day DI era was a 13-game stretch that included a perfect 10-0 mark at home during the 2008-09 season. The Redhawks would go on to win their first three of the 2009-10 season. Harvard would end the streak on Jan. 2, 2010.
- Jordan Hill had 21 points and Josh Hearlihy added 20 against Saint Martin’s on Dec. 13, marking the third time this season that a pair of Redhawks had 20 or more points in a game. The feat was also achieved Nov. 12 vs Puget Sound when Richaud Gittens poured in 26 points and Hearlihy added 23. The Redhawks also had a pair of 20-point efforts on Dec. 3 vs. Eastern Washington when Matej Kavas had 26 points and Hearlihy added 20.
- The Redhawks went 6-4 through their first 10 games. That marked the best record through 10 games since the 2013-14 season when the Redhawks began 7-3.
- Junior center Aaron Menzies poured in 32 points and pulled down 15 rebounds in the Redhawks’ 99-69 win over Pacific Lutheran on Dec. 4. The numbers were just shy of his career highs of 35 points and 16 boards. The double-double was his fourth of the season.
- Matej Kavas was named WAC Player of the Week for the week of Nov. 27-Dec. 3. The Ljubljana, Slovenia, native averaged 20.0 points and 7.0 rebounds while shooting 56.4 percent from the field to lead Seattle U to a perfect 3-0 record during the span. It was the first such honor of his career.
- Seattle U is averaging 81.0 ppg, which ranks second in the WAC. That mark includes two games where they have surpassed the century mark, as well as a 99-point effort.
UPCOMING TICKET DEALS
Take advantage of a great ticket deal when you bring the whole family to see the Redhawks take on Portland on Saturday, Dec. 16. Use promo code "FAMILY" and get four tickets plus a $20 concessions voucher for just $40.
Also available is a buy-one, get-one-free option for the Redhawks' Tuesday, Dec. 19 game versus Cal. Use promo code "2FOR1" to get two tickets for the price of one.
GET YOUR 2017-18 TICKETS!
Select single-game tickets for the Redhawks’ remaining home games are available through Ticketmaster.com by searching “Seattle University Men’s Basketball” or call 206-398-GOSU (4678) or visit GoSeattleU.com/SUTickets for more information.