SEATTLE – (Dec. 12) Following a brief roadtrip to California, Seattle U men’s basketball begins a nine-game homestand on Wednesday, Dec. 13, hosting Saint Martin’s in the Connolly Complex. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. and the game will stream live on the WAC Digital Network. Fans can also tune in to KTTH 770 AM in Seattle or online at mynorthwest.com as Dave Grosby returns for his ninth season on air for the Redhawks.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 7:00 p.m. PT
- Connolly Complex, Seattle, WA
- Game Notes
- Live Stats
- Listen on KTTH 770 AM
- Watch on the WAC Digital Network
ABOUT THE GAME
- Seattle U (6-5) vs. Saint Martin's (7-2)
- All-time series - Seattle U leads, 36-25
- Last meeting - Seattle U 74, Saint Martin's 68 (Feb. 14, 2008)
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Redhawks went 6-4 through their first 10 games. That marked the best record through 10 games since the 2013-14 season when the Redhawks began 7-3.
- Junior center Aaron Menzies poured in 32 points and pulled down 15 rebounds in the Redhawks’ 99-69 win over Pacific Lutheran on Dec. 4. The numbers were just shy of his career highs of 35 points and 16 boards. The double-double was his fourth of the season.
- Matej Kavas was named WAC Player of the Week for the week of Nov. 27-Dec. 3. The Ljubljana, Slovenia, native averaged 20.0 points and 7.0 rebounds while shooting 56.4 percent from the field to lead Seattle U to a perfect 3-0 record during the span. It was the first such honor of his career.
- Seattle U is averaging a WAC best 81.1 ppg. That mark includes two games where they have surpassed the century mark, as well as a 99-point effort.
- Matej Kavas has led the Redhawks in scoring five of the last seven games, and has scored in double figures in all but one game played. The sophomore guard/forward has surpassed the 20-point mark four times, while his career-high sits at 27, a feat achieved vs Detroit Mercy on Nov. 18.
- Aaron Menzies’ field goal and free throw percentages have also risen dramatically. In 2016-17, the 7-foot-3 center was 52.7% FGs and 60.7 % FTs. Through 10 games this season, the big man is shooting 71.8% FGs and 74.2% FTs.
- Two Redhawks have yet to miss a free throw this season. Morgan Means is 13-for-13 and Aaron Nettles is a perfect 11-for-11.
- The Redhawks are under the direction of new Head Coach Jim Hayford. The veteran coach was appointed at Seattle U on March 29, 2017 after six seasons at Eastern Washington. Hayford has 18 total seasons as a head coach, amassing an overall record of 360-175 (.673). Along with the new coaching staff, there are 11 new faces in the Redhawks’ program, including seven who are eligible to compete this season, and four others who will redshirt the 2017-18 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
UPCOMING TICKET DEALS
Take advantage of a great ticket deal when you bring the whole family to see the Redhawks take on Portland on Saturday, Dec. 16. Use promo code "FAMILY" and get four tickets plus a $20 concessions voucher for just $40.
Also available is a buy-one, get-one-free option for the Redhawks' Tuesday, Dec. 19 game versus Cal. Use promo code "2FOR1" to get two tickets for the price of one.
GET YOUR 2017-18 TICKETS!
Select single-game tickets for the Redhawks’ remaining home games are available through Ticketmaster.com by searching “Seattle University Men’s Basketball” or call 206-398-GOSU (4678) or visit GoSeattleU.com/SUTickets for more information.