SEATTLE - (Dec. 18) Winners of three straight in the midst of an eight-game homestand, Seattle University men’s basketball heads back to KeyArena for a Monday, Dec. 19 meeting with Southern Utah University. Tip off is set for 7 p.m. and can be heard on KTTH 770 AM (mynorthwest.com) or watched on GoSeattleU.com.
• Seattle U’s 82-67 win over Mississippi Valley State on Dec. 15 was Head Coach Cameron Dollar’s 100th at the helm of the Redhawk program.
• Three Redhawks scored in double-figures in the win over MVSU, including Zack Moore (15 pts), Brendan Westendorf (14 pts) and Matej Kavas (10 pts).
• Aaron Menzies picked up his fourth double-double of the season in the UAPB (Dec. 12) win, finishing with 13 points and 11 boards.
• The Redhawks scored a season-high 90 points in a 90-49 win over Great Falls on Saturday, Dec. 10. All 12 active Redhawks scored, including four in double figures.
• Aaron Menzies (18p, 16r) and William Powell (19p, 10r) each tallied a double-double in the Dec. 4 meeting with EWU, marking the second time this season that the duo collected double-digit points and rebounds in the same game.
• Freshman Morgan Means had a career-high 22 points to go along with eight rebounds, five assists and two steals in SU’s win over Northwest University (Dec. 1).
• Redshirt sophomore Malik Montoya has seen action in the last five games after missing the first six this year. The Federal Way, Wash., native suffered a season-ending knee injury 13 games into last season. He has appeared in SU’s last four games. He has contributed 3.0 ppg and 13 assists in those five games.
• The Redhawks have faced a pair of teams receiving votes in the polls (at the time of the game) including Colorado (Nov. 14) – a 67-55 loss – and UCF (Nov. 26) – a 67-51 setback.
• Aaron Menzies had a monster game in the 81-75 overtime win over ULM (Nov. 21), finishing with a career-high 35 points and 11 boards. The outing was the second double-double of the redshirt sophomore’s career and just his third double-digit scoring effort.
• Menzies’ 35 points marked the highest scoring output by a Redhawk since Mar. 13, 2015 when Isiah Umipig poured in 30 points vs. Missouri-Kansas City.
• Brendan Westendorf was named to the 10th Annual Legends Classic Cheney Subregional All-Tournament Team after posting 14 points versus ULM and a career-high 24 against EWU. The career-high was his seventh career 20-plus point effort in one-plus seasons as a Redhawk.
• William Powell also recorded a career-high night for SU with his 22-point, 10-rebound effort against ULM. The point total was a career high. The senior also went a perfect 12-for-12 from the free-throw line in the game.
ABOUT THE SERIES VS SOUTHERN UTAH
Just one previous meeting exists between Seattle U and Southern Utah. The two teams met in Cedar City, Utah, during the 1996-97 season, a game that resulted in a 73-42 win for the Thunderbirds.
RANKING THE REDHAWKS
• In games played through Dec 17, Seattle U is 61st in the nation and first in the WAC in free-throw percentage (74.1).
• The team also ranks 27th nationally in three-point field goal attempts (294), 42nd in field-goal percentage defense (39.1), 47th in defensive rebounds per game (28.3) and 51st in total assists (178).
• Individually, Brendan Westendorf ranks fourth in the nation in free-throw percentage (96.6). The senior is 28-29 from the line this year.
• Among WAC players, Westendorf is first in free-throw percentage (96.6), fourth in minutes played (31.4 per game) and 12th in scoring (14.1 ppg), while Aaron Menzies is sixth in rebounds (6.8 per game) and seventh in field goal percentage (.529) and Zack Moore is seventh in three-pointers per game (2.4).