SEATTLE - (Nov. 25) A five-game road swing that has taken the Redhawks to Boulder, Colo., South Bend, Ind., and Cheney, Wash., concludes with its longest leg – diagonally across the country to face the University of Central Florida in Orlando on Saturday, Nov. 26. Tip off from CFE Arena is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Eastern, 4:30 p.m. Pacific. The game can be seen on ESPN3 or heard on KTTH 770 AM.
• Seattle University went 1-1 last week in the Cheney Subregional of the 10th Annual Legends Classic. Both games went into overtime as the Redhawks prevailed 81-75 in OT against Louisiana Monroe (Nov. 21) before falling 80-76 in double overtime to host Eastern Washington (Nov. 22).
• Brendan Westendorf was named to the Cheney Subregional All-Tournament Team after pouring in a career-high 24 points in the double overtime match-up against EWU. The senior guard also had 11 points in the win over ULM.
• Aaron Menzies had a career performance in the win over ULM, finishing with a career-high 35 points to go along with 11 rebounds. The redshirt sophomore center added 12 points in the loss to EWU.
• Not to be left out of the career-performance party, William Powell added a personal best 22 points to go along with 10 boards against ULM.
• Menzies’ 35 points marked the highest scoring output by a Redhawk since Mar. 13, 2015 when Isiah Umipig poured in 30 points vs. Missouri-Kansas City.
• The 81-point team effort in the overtime win against ULM was the first 80-point total for SU since last Dec. 28, 2015 when they beat UC Davis, 80-75, in overtime.
• Head Coach Cameron Dollar returns for his eighth season at the helm of the Redhawk program. The Nov. 21 win over Louisiana Monroe was his 96th at Seattle U.
• The Redhawks return nine letterwinners, including three starters, from the 2015-16 squad that went 15-17 overall, 7-7 in Western Athletic Conference play and earned a second consecutive postseason appearance.
• The Redhawk roster also features a wealth of international flavor with six countries represented, including the USA, Slovenia, Italy, Canada, Croatia and England.
• Seattle U was selected to finish fourth in the WAC in both the Preseason Coaches Poll and the Preseason Media Poll.
• Seniors Brendan Westendorf and William Powell were honored on the preseason WAC teams. Westendorf was a preseason First Team All-WAC selection by both the media and the coaches, while Powell earned Second Team selection by both groups.
ABOUT THE SERIES VS UCF
This marks the first-ever meeting between Seattle University and the Knights.
RANKING THE REDHAWKS
• In games played through Nov. 23, Seattle U is 13th in the nation in free-throw percentage (80.2).
• They rank 30th in three-point attempts (138) and 77th in makes (44).
• Individually, Brendan Westendorf is one of 23 players who are 100% from the free-throw line. The senior is a perfect 14-for-14 from the charity stripe this season.
• Aaron Menzies ranks 37th in field-goal percentage (65.8) and William Powell is 46th in free-throws made (27).