SEATTLE - (Feb. 25) The Seattle University women’s tennis team finished the weekend with a 5-2 loss to Idaho State on Sunday at the Tennis Center at Sand Point.
The Redhawks played the Bengals pretty close in doubles, but the visiting team topped SU in all three matches for the critical doubles point.
In singles, Kyra Jung started off things on the right path for the Redhawks as she took down her opponent in the third flight, 6-4, 6-0. The Bengals then took the next four matches clinching the match. Kali McCollister finished the match with a hard-fought 7-6, 7-5 win at #5 to finish the weekend 2-0 in singles play.
“Nice match by Idaho State,” head coach Adam Reeb said. “They played well and deserved the win. I’m proud of our team for their fight today. I thought we played pretty well; it was just a few points here and there. We’re moving in a positive direction and we know the things we need to work on to put it all together. We’re in this together and we’ll keep working to get better and be playing our best in a month when WAC play starts.”
The Redhawks’ next test will come March 9th, when they host North Dakota at 7:30 p.m. at the Tennis Center at Sand Point.
Tennis Match Results
Idaho State vs Seattle U
Feb 25, 2018 at Seattle, Wash.
(Tennis Center at Sand Point)
Idaho State 5, Seattle U 2
- BOTES, Huibre-Mare (ISU) def. Lui, Michelle (SU) 2-6, 6-1, 7-6
- BOTES, Louise-Mare (ISU) def. Gianan, Hannah (SU) 7-6, 6-0
- Jung, Kyra (SU) def. POE, Megan (ISU) 6-4, 6-0
- COBURN, Melissa (ISU) def. Woodman, Kelli (SU) 7-6, 6-1
- McCollister, Kali (SU) def. WALKER, Angela (ISU) 7-6, 7-5
- FENSKE, Madison (ISU) def. Lily-Ana Kreutzer (SU) 6-3, 6-3
- BOTES, Huibre-Mare/BOTES, Louise-Mare (ISU) def. Lui, Michelle/Woodman, Kelli (SU) 7-5
- POE, Megan/WALKER, Angela (ISU) def. Gianan, Hannah/Jung, Kyra (SU) 6-3
- COBURN, Melissa/FENSKE, Madison (ISU) def. McCollister, Kali/Lily-Ana Kreutzer (SU) 6-4
Idaho State 3-5
Seattle U 3-8
Order of Finish: Doubles (2, 3, 1); Singles (3, 2, 4, 6, 1, 5)