LEWISTON, Idaho – (Feb. 23) The Seattle University women’s tennis team won their second match in three games as they blanked Lewis & Clark State College on the road, 7-0 Friday afternoon.
The Redhawks won the two played matches in doubles at #1 and #2, and won the match at #3 by default and was not played. Michelle Lui and Kelli Woodman won their match in the first flight 6-3, and Hannah Gianan and Kyra Jung took their match 6-3 for the doubles point.
In singles play, SU had an advantage of having won the sixth flight by default, but they didn’t slow down at all. All five Redhawks won their respective matches. Lily-Ana Kreutzer started it all with a 6-1, 6-1 win at #4. Audrey Scott finished off the match with a commanding 6-0, 6-0 win at #5 to secure the shutout -- their second such win on the season. They blanked Cal State Stanislaus 9-0 earlier in the season.
“Nice job by the team today,” head coach Adam Reeb said. “We started a tad slow in doubles but really picked it up from then on. We’re ready and excited to play a very tough WSU team tomorrow.”
The Redhakws battle against Washington State is set for Saturday at 11 a.m. in Pullman, Wash.
Tennis Match Results
Seattle U vs Lewis & Clark State College
Feb 23, 2018 at Lewiston, Idaho
Seattle U 7, Lewis & Clark State College 0
- Lui, Michelle (SU) def. Hannah Uhlenkott (LCP) 6-1, 6-3
- Jung, Kyra (SU) def. Begona Andres (LCP) 6-3, 6-4
- McCollister, Kali (SU) def. Laura Diaz (LCP) 6-0, 6-1
- Lily-Ana Kreutzer (SU) def. Sophie Uhlenkott (LCP) 6-1, 6-1
- Scott, Audrey (SU) def. Judy Boozer (LCP) 6-0, 6-0
- Kwee, Sari (SU) def. No player (LCP), by default
- Lui, Michelle/Woodman, Kelli (SU) def. Hannah Uhlenkott/Begona Andres (LCP) 6-3
- Gianan, Hannah/Jung, Kyra (SU) def. Sophie Uhlenkott/Laura Diaz (LCP) 6-3
- McCollister, Kali/Lily-Ana Kreutzer (SU) def. No player/No player (LCP), by default
Seattle U 3-6
Order of Finish: Doubles (3, 1, 2); Singles (6, 4, 3, 1, 2, 5)