SEATTLE – (Sept. 17) Seattle University women’s soccer travels to Portland State on Sunday, Sept. 17.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
ABOUT THE GAME
- Seattle U (3-4-0) at Portland State (3-4-0)
- All-time series-Seattle U leads, 4-0-4
- Home-Seattle U leads, 2-0-2
- Away-Seattle U leads, 2-0-2
- Last meeting-Seattle U won, 1-0, at SU (Sept. 2, 2012)
NEWS AND NOTES
- Seattle U is coming off a 3-0 defeat at Washington on Friday night. Both sides tried eight shots in the contest at Husky Soccer Field.
- Portland State beat Chicago State, 8-0, on Sept. 10, as Katie Forsee and Kasey Isobe both notched hat tricks for the Vikings.
- SU fell, 4-1, to Santa Clara on Monday afternoon. Jessie Ray scored her fourth goal of the season and the Redhawks outshot the Broncos, 14-12, at Championship Field.
- PSU is 3-1-0 at Hillsboro Stadium this season and is in the midst of a three-game home stand.
- SU and Portland State have both faced Pacific and Oregon State in 2017, with the Redhawks beating Pacific, 3-0, and falling to Oregon State, 2-1, while PSU lost to both teams earlier this month.
- Leahi Manthei and Jessie Ray are the top two scorers in the WAC this season, with both forwards having scored four goals in 2017.
- Leahi Manthei set a program Division I record with four goals in a 5-3 win at Idaho on Sept. 4. The freshman came off the bench to score a goal in the first half and then three in the second frame. She earned WAC Offensive Player of the Week recognition for the showing.
- The win at Idaho marked SU’s first comeback from a two-goal deficit to win in Division I history.
- Seattle U recorded a 2-0 showing at the Outrigger Classic at the University of Hawaii Aug. 26-28. SU beat Pacific, 3-0, and Hawaii, 2-0. Jessie Ray earned Tournament MVP and WAC Offensive Player of the Week honors, as the sophomore scored in both games.
- Coach Julie Woodward, in her 21st season at SU, has guided the Redhawks to three NCAA Tournament appearances in the last four years. She has 278 victories.
- Katie Burton is in her first season at PSU. She previously served as the associate head coach at Sacramento State for two years.
- For a fifth straight year, SU was voted as favorites in the WAC Preseason Coaches’ Poll. Stephanie Spiekerman, the reigning WAC Defensive Player of the Year, was chosen WAC Preseason Defensive Player of the Year.