SEATTLE - (Apr. 17) Back in Washington following back-to-back weekends on the road, Seattle University baseball opens a busy week of action with a pair of non-conference midweeks on the other side of the state. The Redhawks do battle at Gonzaga on Tuesday, followed by a tilt at Washington State on Wednesday. First pitch in Spokane is set for 6 p.m. and the game can be seen on theW.tv. Wednesday’s game in Pullman is set for 3 p.m. and can be watched on Pac-12.com. Both games will also have live audio on goseattleu.com.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
Tuesday, Apr. 18 at Gonzaga - 6:00 p.m. (Patterson Baseball Complex and Washington Trust Field, Spokane, WA)
Live Stats | Watch on theW.tv | Listen Live
Tuesday, Apr. 18 - 3:00 p.m. (Bailey-Brayton Field, Pullman, WA)
Live Stats | Watch on the Pac-12 Network (online only) | Listen Live
• Seattle U has gone 4-3-1 over the last two weeks to sit at 12-21-1 overall and 4-8 in Western Athletic Conference play.
• They dropped a three-game series at UTRGV last week. The Vaqueros claimed game one, 7-6 (12 inn) and game three, 12-9, while the Redhawks won game two, 6-5.
• The three-game series at UTRGV totaled 12 hours and 57 minutes as two games lasted four-and-a-half hours each and the third was just shy of four hours.
• The 4:32 nine-inning win was the longest game of the season for the Redhawks.
• The Seattle U offense had been hot over the last eight games, reaching double digit hits in seven of those outings and double-digit runs in four, while also amassing nine on Saturday in Texas.
• Austin Lively bats .380 for the season to lead the team and pace four players hitting over .300. His average also ranks fourth among WAC players.
• Jack Reisinger is batting .374, Aaron Stroosma is hitting .338 and Chase Wells is batting .311. Dalton Hurd is not far off at .297.
• Aaron Stroosma is tied for seventh in the WAC with five home runs. The senior also leads the league in stolen bases (14), helping the Redhawks lead the WAC team category as well (37).
• Seattle U’s pitching staff currently combines for a 5.54 ERA. Jake Prizina leads the way with a 4-1 record, 4.07 ERA and is holding opponents to a .253 average.
• Jake Prizina and Dalton Hurd swept the WAC weekly honors for Mar. 6-12, earning Pitcher and Hitter of the Week, respectively.
• The 17 runs against Pacific on Mar. 12 were a season-high and the most scored since a 17-5 win at UC Davis on Feb. 16, 2014.
SERIES HISTORY VS GONZAGA
This marks the first meeting between the Redhawks and Zags since Seattle U brought baseball back in 2010.
ABOUT THE ZAGS
• Gonzaga enters the week at 20-14 overall and 11-4 in West Coast Conference play. The Zags host Washington State on Monday prior to Tuesday’s match-up with the Redhawks.
• The Zags are coming off of a three-game sweep of WCC rival Santa Clara.
• Daniel Fredrickson leads the Zags’ offense, hitting a team-high .299. Jeff Bohling is batting .298 and Justin Jacobs is hitting .296 with a team-high eight doubles. Tyler Frost has a team-high seven home runs and 27 RBIs.
• Pitching has been key for the Zags, who hold a 3.29 staff ERA. They also hold opponents to a .256 batting average.
SERIES HISTORY VS WASHINGTON STATE
Seattle U is 3-5 against the Cougars since the 2010 season. WSU won the first five meetings between the two programs, but the Redhawks have since won the last three, including a 7-4 victory at Bannerwood Park on May 11, 2016.
ABOUT THE COUGARS
• Washington State is 15-17 overall and 2-10 in Pac-12 play. The Cougars are also 11-3 at home in Pullman.
• The Cougars have lost their last four straight and nine of their last 10.
• Hitting .274 as a team, Justin Harrer bats a team-high .324 to lead five players who hit better than .300. Harrer has 13 doubles, one triple, four homers and 24 RBIs to his name.
• Shane Matheny bats .321 with 12 doubles and 22 RBIs, while J.J. Hancock has four homers.
• The Cougar pitching staff has a combined 5.43 ERA with two shutouts, eight saves and a .278 opponent batting average.