SEATTLE - (Mar. 8) Seattle University baseball’s current home stand concludes Wednesday, Mar. 8 against Indiana State. First pitch between the Redhawks (4-7) and Sycamores (5-6) is scheduled for 3:15 p.m. at Bannerwood Park in Bellevue, Wash.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
Wednesday, Mar. 8 vs. Indiana State - 3:15 p.m. (Bannerwood Park, Bellevue, WA)
WEEKEND UPDATE Due to impending inclement weather, the Redhawks’ weekend series against Pacific, scheduled for Friday, Mar. 10 through Sunday, Mar. 12, has been moved to the Tigers’ home facility in Stockton, Calif. The teams will play a four-game series beginning Friday night at 6 pm.
• The Redhawks snapped a six-game skid with a 6-3 win over Sacred Heart on Mar. 4. Seattle U finished the four-game series against the Pioneers with a 2-2 record as they also won the final game, 6-4.
• Aaron Stroosma continues to have one of the most consistent bats on the team. The senior hit safely in all four games, going 7-for-13 (.538) with one triple, four RBIs and four runs scored. He also had three walks, two stolen bases and eight putouts.
• For the season, Jack Reisinger is batting a team-high .393 in seven games played. Austin Lively is hitting .385, Stroosma is batting .368 and Dalton Hurd is also over .300 at .308.
• In games played through Mar. 6, Sean Sutton remains one of just 13 players in the nation who have not struck out.
• Aaron Stroosma ranks 12th nationally in stolen bases with seven. The senior is a perfect 7-for-7 on the year.
• On the mound, the pitching staff is still looking to find its stride. The staff holds a collective 7.04 ERA.
SERIES HISTORY VS INDIANA STATE
Wednesday’s matchup marks the first ever meeting between the two programs.
ABOUT THE SYCAMORES
• Tony Rosselli (.452) and Dominic Bifano (.400) lead the team in hitting. Rosselli also leads the Sycamores with 13 RBI, four triples and a .857 slugging percentage.
• Four Sycamores have a pair of home runs this season.
• On the mound, Jeremy McKinney is a perfect 3-0 with a 1.76 ERA. The junior struck out seven batters in his last outing to up his season total to 21 in 15.1 innings of work.
• Sophomore Tyler Ward holds a 2-1 record and a 4.70 ERA. Ward knocked off Utah Valley in his last outing going 5.0 innings and striking out three.