SEATTLE – (Feb. 26) Seattle University baseball hits the road for the first time this season, traveling to Eugene, Ore., for a Tuesday tilt against Oregon. The Redhawks enter the match-up with a 5-3 record while the Ducks sit at 4-2. First pitch is scheduled for 6 p.m. at PK Park.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
PROBABLE STARTERS (W-L, ERA)
SU: LHP Tyler Oldenberg (1-0, 1.80 ERA) vs. UO: LHP Tyler Wilson (0-0, 18.00 ERA)
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Redhawks split a four-game series with Rhode Island last weekend, earning wins in games one and two before dropping the final two games of the series.
- Zach Wolf went 2-0 during the series, earning both wins in relief. He had three strikeouts while allowing just one hit and did not issue a walk in 3.2 innings of work.
- Jake Prizina also had a quality start, striking out six, walking one and allowing four hits for one run in 6.1 innings.
- At the plate, Cameron Sterne had five hits in nine at bats for a .556 average. Austin Lively went 6-for-15 with three runs scored in the series.
- Seattle U opened the 2018 season with a 3-1 series victory over Pacific. The Redhawks dropped the first game of the series, 8-5, but rebounded to win three striaght, 6-5, 5-3 and 11-2.
- Curtis Perrin had two game-winning hits in the series, including a walk-off RBI-single on game two and a three-run homer in game three. The senior second baseman hit. 462 for the series while collecting a team-high nine RBIs.
- Sean Sutton led the Redhawks with a .692 average in the Pacific series. The senior first baseman went 9-for-13 with three doubles and six RBIs.