SEATTLE - (Feb. 27) Redhawk baseball returns home to Bannerwood Park, beginning a 13-game home stand with a Tuesday meeting against the Portland Pilots. First pitch between Seattle U (2-5) and Portland (1-6) is set for 5 p.m.
Nathan Bonck, LHP (SU) vs. Kevin Baker, RHP (UP)
• The Redhawks won their first two games of the season, but have since dropped five in a row, being swept in three games by Minnesota last weekend.
• Aaron Stroosma is leading the Redhawks this season with eight RBIs.
• Jack Reisinger is leading Seattle U this season with a .440 batting average and had his first home run of the season against Minnesota.
• Freshman Austin Lively is second on the team with a .333 batting average.
• The Redhawks are 10-of-11 on stolen bases for the season.
• With 41 walks drawn, the Redhawks rank 23rd nationally in total base on balls. Sean Sutton, who had 10 walks through seven games, ranks fifth in the nation.
• Sutton is also one of 31 remaining players who have yet to strike out this season.
SERIES HISTORY VS PORTLAND
Seattle University is 11-18 in the series against Portland since resurrecting the program in 2010. The Redhawks have won three of the last four meetings, including two wins during 2015. The teams split last season’s games, each winning once by a score of 4-3.
ABOUT THE PILOTS
• Portland is 1-6 this season, also currently on a five game losing streak.
• Portland’s offense is led by Cody Hawkins who is batting .320 with two home runs and five RBIs on the season.
• Portland’s pitching has an ERA of 5.14 while opponents have held the Pilots to a .197 batting average and just 1.02 earned runs per game.