RIVERSIDE, Calif. – ​Delante Jones hit a driving runner in the lane with seven seconds remaining and a final attempt by California Baptist rimmed out as Seattle University men's basketball hung on for a huge 67-65 Western Athletic Conference road win Thursday night at the CBU Events Center in Riverside, Calif.

The Redhawks (16-13, 4-10 WAC) led for the majority of the night over the Lancers (15-12, 6-7 WAC), but a 12-0 run by the home team in the final six minutes of play tied the game at 65-65 with 28 seconds remaining. As CBU trailed by one, 65-64, with 28 ticks on the clock, Dejon Davis was fouled and went to the line for two. The Lancer forward made his first, but missed the second, and Myles Carter hauled down the defense rebound.

On their final possession of the night, the Redhawks went to Jones on the right wing, where he was able to take his defender to the hole for a layup, his first field goal of the night.

Jordan Heading launched a desperation three at the buzzer, but it would not fall and the Redhawks escaped with the two-point win.

What a comeback CBU made," said Head Coach Jim Hayford. "We missed a couple of really good looks down the stretch and then fortunately they missed that free throw. We called the play for Delante in the timeout before the free throws, and then I looked at the match-up, Delante looked at me and I said 'score.' And you don't have to tell Delante that twice."

Jones finished the game 1-5 from the field and 2-2 from the free-throw line for four points. Morgan Means had a team-high 21 points on 9-15 shooting while Terrell Brown finished with 18 points, eight rebounds and five assists.

Mattia Da Campo had a huge night, finishing with 11 points and a career-high 14 rebounds, including six on the offensive end.

Milan Acquaah led CBU with a game-high 23 points while Heading chipped in 13 points.

The Redhawks started the night hot, hitting six of their first seven three point attempts on their way to a 20-12 advantage at the 11:34 mark of the first half. The lead would stretch to as many as 11 multiple times in the frame as Seattle U shot better than 42 percent from the field and nearly 47 percent from three.

CBU would not go away, however, using a 15-17 performance from the charity stripe to combat 8-25 shooting from the field. The Redhawks would carry a 39-34 lead into the break.

An 11-2 run early in the second frame helped Seattle U build a 56-43 advantage with 11:37 to play. A gritty and-one play by Means with six minute remaining had Seattle U leading 65-53.

But the Lancers were not finished. A Jeremy Smith three cut the lead down to single-digits and began an 11-0 CBU run. Acquaah would score five straight points before Davis got fouled with 28 ticks remaining, setting up the final free throws and Jones' eventual game-winner.

"This was our fourth game in eight days and we came up with a big WAC win on the road," Hayford said. "This has been a tough place to play, New Mexico State lost in this gym. A win like this builds on the guys confidence and I'm just really, really proud of them."

Seattle U return home to the Redhawk Center for its final two regular-season contests net week, beginning Thursday, Mar. 7 against CSU Bakersfield.