SEATTLE – (May 11) Seattle U follows a quick one-game stop at home with a three-game road trip to take on Western Athletic Conference opponent CSU Bakersfield. The series kicks off on Friday, May 12 at 6:00 p.m., followed by another 6:00 p.m. start on Saturday. The series will conclude on Sunday, May 14, with first pitch set for 12:00 p.m. Saturday's game will be available on the WAC Digital Network, while all three games will feature live audio at goseattleu.com.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
Friday, May 12 vs. CSU Bakersfield - 6:00 p.m. (Bakersfield, CA)
Live Stats | Watch | Listen Live
Saturday, May 13 vs. CSU Bakersfield - 6:00 p.m. (Bakersfield, CA)
Live Stats | Watch | Listen Live
Sunday, May 14 vs. CSU Bakersfield - 12:00 p.m. (Bakersfield, CA)
Live Stats | Listen Live
PROBABLE STARTERS (W-L, ERA)
Friday, May 12
SU: LHP Jake Prizina (4-2, 4.11) vs. CSUB: RHP Max Carter (8-1, 2.85)
Saturday, May 13
SU: LHP Connor Moore (2-2, 5.53) vs. CSUB: RHP Andrew Hansen (4-2, 4.39)
Sunday, May 14
SU: LHP Tyler Oldenberg (3-1, 3.68) vs. CSUB: RHP Aaron Charles (3-0, 3.67)
• The Redhawks are coming off of a week in which they dropped two out of three games to Grand Canyon, but came back home to defeat Washington in their last meeting of the season, 7-5.
• Seattle U's record is 17-28-1 overall and 6-12 in WAC play, goof for a tie for seventh place in the league standings. With Grand Canyon atop the regular-season standings, but ineligible for postseason play, the Redhawks are vying for that seventh spot, which would be the sixth seed in the WAC Tourament. Currently tied with UTRGV, both teams have six WAC games remaining.
• The win at Washington on Tuesday gave SU a 2-1 record agianst the Huskies this season.
• Reliever Tyler Oldenberg got the start against UW, and pitch well, throwing five solid innings, and giving up just one run.
• Zach Wolf picked up hit fifth save of the season at UW. His 17 career saves puts him as the career-leader since the program's return in 2010.
• Griffin Andreychuk has picked up his play down the home stretch of the season, and has 209 career hits as a Redhawk, three shy of the program record (since 2010) held by Brian Olson (2012-15). Andreychuk also leads all players in the modern era of Seattle U baseball with 134 runs and ranks second in RBI's with 112, two behind Olson's 114.
• Austin Lively maintains his spot as the best hitter on the team, with a .353 batting average, which is also good for the sixth best average in the conference. He has also driven in 28 runs on the season.
• Aaron Stroosma leads the team with five home runs and 35 RBIs.
• Jake Prizina too, has picked up his play of late, lowering his ERA to 4.11 to go along with a 4-2 record.
• Tyler Oldenberg leads the team with a 3.68 ERA in 44.0 innings pitched.
SERIES HISTORY VS BAKERSFIELD
Seattle U has an all-time record of 7-9 against Bakersfield. The Redhawks swept the Roadrunners at Bannerwood Park last year by scores of 10-4, 7-3, and 6-3.
ABOUT THE 'RUNNERS
• The Roadrunners have won five out of their last seven games, and currently stand in third place in the conference with a record of 26-19, and 11-7 in the WAC.
• They hold the top three spots in the conference for batting average, led by David Metzgar with a .404 average.
• They only have three home runs as a team this season, but hit well for average with a collective .317.
• Mahlik Jones leads the team with 40 RBIs.
• Their staff ace is Max Carter who leads the conference with eight wins, and has a 2.85 ERA in 75.2 innings pitched.
• Out of the bullpen, Naithen Dewsnap has a 2.04 ERA and 11 saves in 24 appearances.