FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — The Seattle University men’s swim team fell to Grand Canyon, 139-66, in a dual meet on Saturday at the beautiful King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way, Wash. Despite the final tally, the Redhawks put together a solid showing as they collected 11 top three finishes.

“Overall I’m happy with how we did,” said Seattle U head coach Craig Nisgor. “I thought we did well and got stronger as the meet on. We have a couple things we’ll need to keep working on, but we have a lot of good things going on so I’m happy with where we are heading.”

In the relay, the Redhawks claimed third in the 400-yard Medley as the team of Will Corona, Jack Neton, Emmett Moore and Tyler Goodspeed posted a combined time of 3:25.51.

Meanwhile in the 200 Freestyle, the quartet of Greg Raper, Isaac Parker, Goodspeed and Connor Barringer took second as they clocked in at 1.24.90, four-tenths of a second behind the event winners.

In individual action, Corona dominated the 400 IM event as his time, 4:04.94, was more than three seconds better than the field. He also added a third finish in the 200 Breaststroke with a time of 2:08.08. 

In the 1000 Freestyle, Max Chesno took a second-place finish after tallying a time of 9:47.64. Chesno’s time also landed him among the program’s Top 10 performance list with the mark good for ninth-overall.

Ryan Ascencio and Shawn Fujii notched back-to-back finishes in the 200 Butterfly. Ascencio was just 1.35 seconds off the lead pace as he took second with a time of 1:56.92, while Fujii followed at 1:58.79.

In the 200 Freestyle, Barringer and Alex Roderick also claimed second and third-finishes, respectively, as Barringer check in at 1:43.87 while Roderick finished at 1:44.20.

Three-tenths of a second was the resulting difference for Raper and Neton which saw each Redhawk earn second-place points. Raper checked in at 21.36 in the 50 Freestyle, while touched in at 2:06.96 in the 200 Breaststroke.

Juan Varela finished third in the 500 Freestyle as he clocked in at 4:46.49.

The Redhawks will now have a two week break before returning to action on November 2 at Simon Fraser.