Emerald City Open
Hosted by Seattle University
Upper Lower Woodland Park, Seattle, WA
Saturday, 13 October 2012
Women’s 6000m starts at 10:30am
Men’s 8000m starts at 11:15am
Alumni/Open 2000m starts at Noon
Entries: College teams register at www.directathletics.com by 11:59 p.m. Monday, October 8, 2012.
Step 1: Set up an Account with Direct Athletics.
1. You must have a Direct Athletics account to enter your team. An existing account will suffice if you have one.
2. If you do not already have a Direct Athletics account for your team, you must request an account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. You will receive your account information by email within 24 hours. This email will include a username and password to access your secure account, along with detailed instructions on how to submit your entries online.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DEADLINE TO SET UP THIS ACCOUNT! THE PROCESS WILL TAKE A DAY TO COMPLETE!
Step 2: Enter Your Athletes Electronically on the Internet.
1. Go to www.directathletics.com.
2. Use the directions, password, and username acquired above to make your entries at this site. You will also be able to create a password for yourself so that you can make changes later as you wish.
3. There is no scratch/add procedure. You may go in and make changes as often as you wish up to the entry deadline, but after this time all entries are final.
4. Entry Deadline is the Tuesday before the meet. You may make changes as often as you wish until the entry deadline.
5. No Faxed or Phoned entries will be accepted.
Teams and individuals should let us know by e-mail (email@example.com) of their intent to compete in the meet by Friday, October 5, 2012. This event is open to all.
Entries are due by Monday, October 8, 2012 at 11:59 pm through DirectAthletics.com. You can send any questions you have to Maria Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Fees for 8K/6K Races
Please mail your entry fee check to: Seattle University Cross Country, Attn: Trisha Steidl, 901 12th Avenue, PO Box 222000, Seattle, WA 98122-1090. Checks should be made out to "Seattle University Cross Country" with "Emerald City 2012" in the memo. Checks for teams can be submitted on day of race as long as the team/individual has entered by the above entry date. Entry fees are $75 per team, $140 for both men's and women's teams, $10 for individuals.
Entries for Alumni & Friends Dash 2012
Entries are $5 per person in advance (by Oct. 8), $7 per person at the event, or $10 per family. For an additional $10 donation, you can get a Seattle U XC/T&F shirt to wear proudly! Please direct any questions regarding the 2K Fun Run to Chad Pharis at email@example.com.
The shelter at the start/finish lines will be the packet pickup location. At this time we will ask you to declare your team and scratch any non-competing runners. Unattached runners are welcome!
There are no facilities for concessions or lockers at Lower Woodland Park. Bathrooms are adjacent to the registration area. Picnic shelters may be rented from the Seattle Parks Department, 206-684-4080.
Start and Calls
The starting line is on the hillside next to the finish, at the southeast corner of the park. First call will fire with 5 minutes remaining before the start.
We are using a 2000-meter loop that is slightly different than in previous years. It is the route marked with the solid line on the course map. The course will be expertly monitored and controlled. The map is on the reverse side of the brochure flip to the right. The loop course is considered moderately rolling.
Finish and Scoring
The finish line is on the hillside next to the start. It will be clearly marked with a banner and clock. Scoring will take place at the end of the chute. The top five members of each team will score. The 6th and 7th runners for each team will "bump." "B" team scoring will be performed only for declared "B" teams. Non-scorers will be removed from the scoring for an accurate score.
Results and Awards
Results will be prepared at the registration shelter and made available to teams on the spot. Awards will be presented to the top five individuals in the men's and women's races immediately following compilation of the men's results. Prizes include CEP compression socks and technical fabric T-shirts for the top five places in both the 6K and 8K races. There will be a pair of Scott running shoes for the male and female top finishers in the Alumni/Open 2K.
Bagels will be provided by Seattle Bagel Bakery.
Where to stay
If you are coming from out of town and are looking for a place to stay, please contact Beth Harwood at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and let her know you’re competing at a Seattle University athletic event for discount pricing. You can contact her by phone at 206-676-3923 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.