SEATTLE --- Seattle U volleyball begins its final week of non-conference action as it visit Big Sky country with a date against Montana State on Tuesday.
• Tuesday will be the fifth-ever meeting.
• The series is tied, 2-2.
• The Redhawks are 1-1 when visiting Bozeman.
SCOUTING THE BOBCATS
• Montana State is 4-4 on the season and are winners of their last three matches.
• MSU is hitting .212 with 12.3 kills per set, while opponents are hitting .188 and average a kill per set more.
• In 31 sets, the Bobcats defend the net as they have 73 total blocks, 13 more than their oppositions.
• Evi Wilson and Hannah Scott lead the attack with 88 kills apiece. Scott is hitting .275 with Wilson following at a .204-clip. Allie Lynch directs the offense with 10.03 assists per set.
• Allyson Rizzo averages 6.16 digs per set, while Kelsie White and Emma Pence have 35 blocks each.
LAST TIME OUT
Seattle U went 1-2 in last weekend’s Redhawk Invitational, topping Gonzaga in come-from-behind five-setter, before being swept by New Mexico and Oregon State.
• Sophomore Eve Kerschenbaum leads the Redhawks with 134 kills, averaging 3.72 per set, and is second among the WAC leaderboard in both categories.
• Has seven matches with double-digits kills including three of 20 or more.
• Surpassed the 20-kill mark twice during the season opening weekend including a career-best 24 against Southern Miss (8/30).
• Has a team-best five double-doubles on the season is averaging 13.4 kills and 8.7 digs a match.
• Redshirt-junior Rachel Stark began the week second on the Redhawk roster with 92 kills, good for eighth on the WAC leaderboard, while her 2.56 per set is 13th overall.
• Stark is coming off a big match against Oregon State which saw her post 11 kills.
• She has a season of 17 kills, which were accomplished at New Hampshire (9/5) and against Holy Cross (9/7) during the Holly Young Invitational.
• Sophomore Julia Queiroz leads the WAC with 46 blocks, while her 1.24 per set is third-best.
• Freshman Lauren McCabe is third among WAC leaders with 37 blocks, ninth with 0.95 per set.
• Freshman Amaris Carter’s 76 kills (2.68/set) is third-best with 20 blocks.
• Sophomore Sofia Sanchez has 63 kills (2.03/set) and is hitting .209 through 31 sets.
• Freshman Ezgi Ozkan has a WAC-best 353 assists and is third-overall with 9.05 assists per set.
• She has six matches with 30 or more assists, including a career-best 51 which she tallied against Holy Cross (9/7) and is averaging 28.3 assists in her last three matches.
• Ozkan is also third among team leaders with 31 blocks.
CAN YOU DIG IT?!
• Junior Tijana Milojevic is fourth among WAC leaders with 150 digs and sixth in per set average (3.85).
• Kerschenbaum is also among the WAC top 15 in digs as began the week 13th with 88.
• Seattle U started the week averaging 13.8 digs per set, half a dig better than its opponents.
The Redhawks will wrap-up non-conference play later this week when they take part in the UC Riverside Classic on Friday and Saturday. Seattle U will open against Penn and Cal State Fullerton on Friday, before closing out slate against the host Highlanders on Saturday.