SEATTLE – Seattle University men’s basketball opens the home portion of its 2018-19 slate on Thursday, Nov. 8, hosting Puget Sound in a 7 p.m. tip off from the Redhawk Center. The game will be stream live on the WAC Digital Network. Fans can also tune in to KTTH 770 AM in Seattle or online at mynorthwest.com.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Thursday, Nov. 8 at 7:00 p.m. PT
- Redhawk Center, Seattle, WA
- Live Stats
- Listen on KTTH 770 AM
- Watch on WAC Digital Network
- Game Notes
ABOUT THE GAME
- Seattle U (0-1) vs. Puget Sound (0-0)
- All-time series - Seattle U leads, 26-24
- Home - Seattle U leads, 15-10
- Away - Puget Sound leads, 12-10
- Neutral - Seattle U leads, 1-0
- Unknown - Puget Sound leads, 2-0 (1945-46 season)
- Last meeting - Seattle U 121, Puget Sound 70 (Nov. 12, 2017, Redhawk Center, Seattle, WA)
LAST TIME OUT
The Redhawks opened the 2018-19 season at Stanford on Tuesday, dropping a 96-74 decision to the Cardinal. Seattle U trailed just 40-36 at the half in Maples Pavilion, but a hot shooting Stanford team pulled away in the second. Redshirt sophomore Terrell Brown impressed in his Redhawk debut, leading the way with 16 points, six rebounds and four assists. Junior forward Anand Hundal added 13 points, including 3-of-4 from three, in his Seattle U debut. Matej Kavas finished with 13 points and Morgan Means added 11 on 5-of-7 FGs.
- Redshirt junior Matej Kavas, a Ljubljana, Slovenia native, who has been named a preseason All-WAC First Team selection by both the league’s nine head coaches and the WAC media. The 6-8 guard was the Redhawks’ leading scorer in 2017-18, averaging 15.2 points per game. He also averaged 5.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists. Kavas led the WAC with 91 three-pointers and finished the year ranked eighth in the nation, hitting 46.4 percent from beyond the arc.
- In a vote of the Western Athletic Conference men’s basketball head coaches, the Redhawks were picked to finish third during the 2018-19 season. In the simultaneously released WAC media poll, Seattle U was selected to finish fourth.
- A trio of transfers who spent the 2017-18 season redshirting at Seattle U will immediately infuse the Redhawk line-up this winter. Myles Carter, a 6-9 forward from Seton Hall, and Delante Jones, a 6-5 guard from American, will both be redshirt juniors in 2018-19, while Dashawn McDowell, a 6-5 guard from SMU. Jones comes with the most noteable credentials of the three. The Chantilly, Va., native was named Patriot League Rookie of the Year in 2015-16 after averaging 12.0 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. He started all 30 games in 2016-17, averaging 11.5 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game.
- The Redhawks will play a 19-game home schedule in 2018-19, and host 22 total contests as the schedule includes a three-team, six-game tournament. The Redhawk Center, located on the Seattle U campus, will serve as the primary venue for the 2018-19 season due to the renovation and shutdown of KeyArena, scheduled to take place in 2019 and 2020. Seattle U is excited to partner with the Oak View Group and return to the newly-renovated $700 million Seattle Center Arena in 2020-21.
- Seattle U has compiled a 221-144 (.605) record in North Court, including a 15-game winning streak that began Nov. 5, 2008 with a perfect 10-0 mark during the 2008-09 season. In 2017-18, the Redhawks went 9-1 at the Redhawk Center.
ABOUT THE LOGGERS
Thursday’s game will serve as an exhibition for the Loggers before they officially open the season on Nov. 17. Puget Sound went 18-8 overall during the 2017-18 season.
GET YOUR 2018-19 TICKETS!
Season tickets for the Redhawks’ complete 19-game home slate are also still available with prices starting as low as $150 per seat. Also available for purchase now are mini-plan options as well as single-game tickets for non-conference games. For more information and to reserve your seats today, contact the SU Athletics Ticket office at 206-398-4678 or visit goseattleu.com/tix.