SEATTLE – (April 7) Senior Matt Alderson won both his singles and doubles matches on Senior Day to lead the Seattle University men’s tennis team to a 5-2 non-conference win against North Dakota on Saturday evening at the Amy Yee Tennis Center.
The Redhawks didn’t waste any time, winning all three doubles matches, including Alderson and Colton Weeldreyer beating North Dakota’s top doubles team 6-4.
In singles, Emilio Monroy, Arshak Ghazaryan, Alex Chan and Alderson all won their singles match to clinch the 5-2 victory on senior day, despite some tough conditions.
“Today was a challenging day for the guys as we had to wait all day with the rain to go indoors,” head coach Adam Reeb said. “I thought they handled it really well though and we played a complete doubles point and carried that over into singles. This was a solid win going into our last conference matches next weekend.
“I wanted to say congrats to our lone senior this year. Matt Alderson. We’re thankful and appreciative to have Matt in our program, and he’s had a great college career.”
Alderson and the Redhawks will close out the regular season with two conference matches against Chicago State and UTRGV in Chicago next weekend.
Tennis Match Results
North Dakota vs Seattle U
Apr 07, 2018 at Seattle, Wash.
(Amy Yee Tennis Center)
Seattle U 5, North Dakota 2
- Buth, Lukas (UND) def. Nield, Trenton (SU) 6-3, 6-4
- Ghazaryan, Arshak (SU) def. Martinez, Daniel (UND) 6-3, 6-0
- Monroy, Emilio (SU) def. Laska, Annei (UND) 6-2, 6-2
- Chan, Alex (SU) def. Callegari, Davide (UND) 3-6, 6-3, 6-3
- Mailes, Alex (UND) def. Kalmus, Jeremiah (SU) 6-4, 7-6
- Alderson, Matt (SU) def. Terrell, Hunter (UND) 6-2, 6-2
- Weeldreyer, Colton/Alderson, Matt (SU) def. Buth, Lukas/Martinez, Daniel (UND) 6-4
- Nield, Trenton/Sanabria, Adrian (SU) def. Mailes, Alex/Callegari, Davide (UND) 6-4
- Ghazaryan, Arshak/Monroy, Emilio (SU) def. Laska, Annei/Terrell, Hunter (UND) 6-2
North Dakota 2-13
Seattle U 8-12
Order of Finish: Doubles (3, 1, 2); Singles (3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6)