DAVIS, Calif. – (March 10) The Seattle University men’s tennis team took part in day two of the Golden State Invitational and dropped a match against Nevada 6-1 on Saturday morning.
Nevada came out strong in doubles, taking the first two matches to get the doubles point, and ending the last match early. The Redhawks’ Arshak Ghazaryan and Emilio Monroy were up 4-3 before the match was called early.
In singles, Nevada clinched the win taking the first four matches. Seattle U’s Ghazaryan was the only Redhawk to win his match. He beat their #2 opponent 7-6, 1-6, 10-8.
“We played a little better today than we did yesterday,” head coach Adam Reeb said. “The guys battled hard and played with a lot of heart. Our goal is to play better each day, so we’re hoping to turn in our best performance of the weekend tomorrow morning.
The Redhakws will finish the tournament with a 9 a.m. match tomorrow morning, and the opponent will be the loser of today’s match between Saint Mary’s and Sacramento State.
Tennis Match Results
Seattle U vs Nevada
Mar 10, 2018 at Davis, Calif
(Marya Welch Tennis Center)
Nevada 6, Seattle U 1
1. Kostya Nesterenko (NEVADA) def. Nield, Trenton (SU) 6-3, 6-4
2. Ghazaryan, Arshak (SU) def. Robert Margitfalvi (NEVADA) 7-6, 1-6, 10-8
3. Jeremy Merville (NEVADA) def. Weeldreyer, Colton (SU) 0-6, 6-3, 7-6
4. Peter O'Donovan (NEVADA) def. Monroy, Emilio (SU) 6-3, 6-4
5. Augustin Delahodde (NEVADA) def. Kalmus, Jeremiah (SU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Jonathan Aremon (NEVADA) def. Chan, Alex (SU) 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
1. Julien Evrard/Kostya Nesterenko (NEVADA) def. Nield, Trenton/Weeldreyer, Colton (SU) 6-2
2. Robert Margitfalvi/Jeremy Merville (NEVADA) def. Kalmus, Jeremiah/Alderson, Matt (SU) 6-1
3. Jonathan Aremon/Dylan Levitt (NEVADA) vs. Ghazaryan, Arshak/Monroy, Emilio (SU) 3-4, unfinished
Seattle U 6-8
Order of Finish: Doubles (2, 1); Singles (5, 1, 4, 6, 2, 3)