SEATTLE – (Feb. 24) The Seattle University men’s tennis team fell to 6-5 overall and snapped a three-game winning streak as they lost to regional opponent Washington 7-0 Saturday evening at the Nordstrom Tennis Center.
In singles, the Huskies allow the Redhawks to make any kind of a comeback. All six matches went in favor of the home team, securing the 7-0 shutout.
“A lot of credit to the UW players for a strong showing,” assistant coach Chris Borden said. “It is unfortunate that we could not compete better in singles, but we will take what we can from this match moving forward.”
The Redhawks are back in action this coming Friday as they host Portland State at 7:30 p.m. at the Tennis Center at Sand Point.
Tennis Match Results
Seattle U vs University of Washington
Feb 24, 2018 at Seattle, Wash.
(Nordstrom Tennis Center)
University of Washington 7, Seattle U 0
- Mitch Stewart (UW) def. Nield, Trenton (SU) 6-1, 6-2
- Jake Douglas (UW) def. Ghazaryan, Arshak (SU) 6-1, 6-1
- Enzo Sommer (UW) def. Weeldreyer, Colton (SU) 6-0, 6-3
- Piers Foley (UW) def. Schoettler, Michael (SU) 6-3, 6-2
- Joao Barra (UW) def. Kalmus, Jeremiah (SU) 6-3, 6-2
- Alexis Alvarez (UW) def. Alderson, Matt (SU) 6-0, 6-0
- Kawika Lam/Enzo Sommer (UW) def. Nield, Trenton/Weeldreyer, Colton (SU) 6-4
- Piers Foley/Mitch Stewart (UW) def. Schoettler, Michael/Alderson, Matt (SU) 7-5
- Alexis Alvarez/Jake Douglas (UW) def. Ghazaryan, Arshak/Monroy, Emilio (SU) 6-2
Seattle U 6-5
University of Washington 7-4
Order of Finish: Doubles (3, 1, 2); Singles (6, 3, 2, 1, 4, 5)