Seattle University sponsors 20 intercollegiate sports at the NCAA Division I level: baseball, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's cross country, women's cross country, men's golf, women's golf, men's indoor track and field, women's indoor track and field, men's outdoor track and field, women's outdoor track and field, women's rowing, men's soccer, women's soccer, softball, men's swimming, women's swimming, men's tennis, women's tennis, and volleyball. All sports except for women's rowing, which competes as a Division I independent, are members of the Western Athletic Conference.
The Athletics Department champions the values expressed in the Mission Statement of Seattle University and views athletics as a key component of the Jesuit philosophy of educating the whole person - body, mind, spirit. Through participation in intercollegiate athletics, student-athletes will learn critical life lessons and values.
MISSION IN ACTION
- To provide high academic achievement, strong leadership capability, a concern for others, self-discipline, teamwork, and excellence in athletic performance.
- To provide the entire university - students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and friends - with a common bond and a source of community pride.
- To generate positive visibility in the public media and use this visibility to communicate Seattle University's mission, vision, and core values.
- To create a working environment within the department that encourages the coaches and staff to thrive.
- To foster school spirit and generate fun and excitement, enriching the life, character, and vitality of the campus and local community.
Athletic coaches, staff and administrators will provide student-athletes with an experience in their sport that is challenging and rewarding while maintaining an environment where the pursuit of higher education is the top priority. We will serve as role models for student-athletes by being assimilated into the campus culture. We are also committed to complying with the rules and guidelines dictated by Seattle University's membership in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Western Athletic Conference (WAC).
SEATTLE UNIVERSITY NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
To review the Seattle University non-discrimination policy, please click, here.