SEATTLE – Seattle U volleyball continues Western Athletic Conference play at home this week, hosting the league's newest member, California Baptist, on Thursday in the Redhawk Center. First serve is scheduled for 6 p.m. and will stream live on the WAC Digital Network. The first 250 Seattle U faculty, staff and students in attendance will receive a free SU branded water bottle. All Seattle U faculty, staff and students receive free admission to all regular-season home matches.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
ABOUT THE MATCH
- Seattle U (8-10, 1-4 WAC) vs. California Baptist (13-5, 4-2 WAC)
- All-time series - First meeting
- Home - First meeting
- Away - NA
- Neutral - NA
- Last meeting - NA
NEWS AND NOTES
- Seattle U enters the match at 8-10 overall and 1-4 in WAC play and seeking to snap a four-match skid.
- Freshman Eve Kerschenbaum continues to lead the Redhawks with 2.82 kps.
- Fellow freshman Sofia Sanchez averages 2.46 kps with eight double-digit kill efforts this season. Rachel Stark adds 2.18 kps and Mahra McLeod is averaging 2.11 kps.
- Shae Harris averages 9.30 aps, which ranks third among all WAC players. The senior setter collected a season-high 51 assists at CSU Bakersfield on Monday.
- Rachel Stark and Tijana Milojevic lead the Redhawks with 21 aces apiece and an average of 0.32 per set, good for a tie for fifth in the WAC.
- Senior Maja Stojanovic and freshman Sofia Sanchez were named to the Redhawk Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Senior Shae Harris and sophomore Tijana Milojevic earned All-Tournament honors at the Sacramento State Invite.
- Shae Harris and Maja Stojanovic were named to the All-Tournament Team at the Comfort Suites University Jackrabbit Invitational hosted by South Dakota State where the Redhawks went 2-1.
- Shae Harris and Eve Kerschenbaum were both named to the All-Tournament Team at the Aztec Classic hosted by San Diego State.
- The Redhawks return nine letterwinners from 2017 and add six freshman to make up the 2018 squad.
- Shae Harris and senior middle blocker Maja Stojanovic were both named to the Preseason All-Western Athletic Conference Team.
- Harris is the reigning Western Athletic Conference Setter of the Year after dishing 986 assists in 2017. She twice set the Seattle U DI program single-match record with 62 assists.
- Stojanovic led the team in blocks with 1.12 per set.
- Also returning to the lineup is sophomore libero Tijana Milojevic, who was named to the WAC All-Freshman Team a year ago.
- Milojevic set DI program records with 504 digs and 4.89 digs per set in 2017.
- Head Coach James Finley enters his sixth season at the helm of the Redhawk program in 2018.
TICKETS ON SALE
- Single-match tickets are available for purchase online for the 2018 season. For more information visit goseattleu.com/tix or call the SU Athletics Ticket Office at 207-398-4678.