LEWISTON, Idaho – (March 18) The Seattle University men’s tennis team snapped a 5-game losing streak with a 7-0 shutout of Lewis-Clark State College on the road Sunday afternoon.
The Redhawks played well from the get-go. Despite losing in the third court of doubles, Arshak Ghazaryan and Emilio Monroy got the team back on track with a 6-2 win at #1, and Trenton Nield and Adrian Sanabria clinched the doubles point with a 6-3 win at #2.
In singles, the Redhawks came out to play. They took all six matches to secure the win heading into their first conference match in two weeks.
“The boys performed well today against a strong Lewis-Clark team,” assistant coach Chris Borden said. “This win will give us confidence moving forward.”
The Redhawks have two weeks to prepare for conference. They will play three conference matches in three days in Kansas City starting March 29. Matches are against Grand Canyon, UMCK, and New Mexico State.
Tennis Match Results
Seattle U vs Lewis-Clark State College
Mar 18, 2018 at Lewiston, ID
Seattle U 7, Lewis-Clark State College 0
- Nield, Trenton (SU) def. Ignacio Salom (LCS) 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
- Ghazaryan, Arshak (SU) def. William Bruchard (LCS) 7-6, 7-6
- Weeldreyer, Colton (SU) def. Luca Menezes (LCS) 6-1, 6-2
- Monroy, Emilio (SU) def. Alexander D'Aboville (LCS) 6-4, 6-3
- Kalmus, Jeremiah (SU) def. Tony Yen Tong Chin (LCS) 6-3, 6-7, 10-8
- Chan, Alex (SU) def. Vannasak Chheang (LCS) 6-3, 6-4
- Ghazaryan, Arshak/Monroy, Emilio (SU) def. Ignacio Salom/Alexander D'Aboville (LCS) 6-2
- Nield, Trenton/Sanabria, Adrian (SU) def. Luca Menezes/William Bruchard (LCS) 6-3
- Tony Yen Tong Chin/Vannasak Chheang (LCS) def. Weeldreyer, Colton/Chan, Alex (SU) 6-3
Seattle U 7-9
Lewis-Clark State College 2-6
Order of Finish: Doubles (3, 1, 2); Singles (3, 4, 1, 2, 6, 5)