SEATTLE – (Nov. 10) Seattle University volleyball concludes the regular-season at home Saturday, hosting Western Athletic Conference rival Kansas City at 1 p.m. in the Connolly Complex. Redhawk senior Claire Johnston will be honored in a brief ceremony prior to the match.
FOLLOW THE REDHAWKS
- Saturday, Nov. 11 at 1:00 p.m. PT
- Connolly Complex
- Live Stats | Watch on the WAC Digital Network | Tickets
ABOUT THE MATCH
- Seattle U (10-16, 6-7 WAC) vs. Kansas City (9-17, 5-8 WAC)
- All-time series - Kansas City leads, 6-5
- Home - Seattle U leads, 3-1
- Away - Kansas City leads, 1-5
- Neutral - Seattle U leads, 1-0
- Last meeting - Kansas City 3, Seattle U 0 (Oct. 12, 2017)
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Redhawks are 10-16 overall and 6-7 in WAC play after earning a 3-1 win over Chicago State Thursday night.
- Entering Saturday's season finale match, Seattle U sits fifth place in the WAC standings with a 6-7 league mark. A win over Kansas City on Saturday will secure the fifth-place seed for the Redhawks in the WAC Tournament.
- The Redhawks entered the week fourth among WAC teams in aces per set (1.12), fifth in total aces (110) and third in blocks per set (2.21). Maja Stojanovic is first in hitting percentage (.310) and fourth in blocks per set (1.10), Tijana Milojevic is third in digs per set (4.87), Katarina Marinkovic is third in kills per set (3.63) and Shae Harris is fourth in assists per set (9.50).
- Junior setter Shae Harris was named WAC Player of the Week for the first time in her career after dishing a career-high 62 assists in the win at Utah Valley (Oct. 21). The mark is also a DI program record and the highest total in the WAC this year.
- Tijana Milojevic's 33 digs at Chicago State on Oct. 14 was a career high and ranks in a tie for the second most in a single match by an SU player in the Division I era. Shelly Anderson holds the record of 34, set versus North Dakota on Oct. 11, 2008.
- Katarina Marinkovic has seven double-doubles on the season and has collected 20 or more kills four times.
- Junior setter Shae Harris set a Seattle U DI single-match record with 62 assists in the win over Bowling Green (Sept. 9), and again at Utah Valley (Oct. 21).
- Junior middle blocker Maja Stojanovic was named to the Cougar Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Katarina Marinkovic was named to the NKU Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Katarina Glavinic earned her second All-Tournament selection of the season at the SU/UW Tournament.
- Glavinic and Victoria Demmene were selected to the Cal Molten Classic All-Tournament Team.
- Seattle U has a pair of Preseason All-WAC players in Katarina Marinkovic and Maja Stojanovic. Marinkovic is the reigning WAC Freshman of the Year.
- Junior setter Shae Harris, a Vancouver, B.C. native, spent the summer playing with the Canadian National Team.
- Head Coach James Finley is in his fifth season at the helm of the Redhawk program.